Friday, February 12, 2010

An entire has passed by????

January - May '09 was spent doing POC!  Boy am I glad that ended!!  I always wanted to be on Gilligan's Island when I was little - it's a lot more fun on t.v. than in real life, in my opinion!
June - August was spent getting settled into my new "staff accomodations".  I vaguely remember a time when I did not share my living quarters with ants, geckos, lizards, and cockroaches.  But, even with these house guests, it's like the Hilton compared to the dorm rooms! 
August-November was the next POC course.  It was fun since several of the incoming students were people I  already knew from Training in Orlando.  Time really flew by as the kids and I went adventuring around Madang!
November - January '10 I had the privilege of teaching and spending time in Ukarumpa
And at the end of January, the newest POC course began.  It is full of a great group of people and kids too!  We have had only 2 days of sun.  This has made for some very wet and slippery hikes!  Little Dan said on the last hike, "I fell over 21 times!"
I'm pretty sure we all "fell over" at least once! 

No comments:

Post a Comment